So, you’re visiting St. Louis and ready to cheer the Cardinals on to victory. If it’s an evening game, then you’re probably going to have some time to kill before making your way over to Busch Stadium. Fortunately, you don’t have to travel far to keep your group entertained.
Laclede’s Landing has more than enough fun activities, delicious restaurants, and impressive sights to fill out any agenda. Even if you’re from the area and think you’ve seen it all, the Landing’s recent makeover has brought in some new attractions you may not have seen. Regardless of what your interests are, there’s plenty for everyone to do and see.
To help you plan out your exciting day, here are some suggestions to help you discover St. Louis, MO and experience everything Downtown has to offer.
2:00 PM Park in Laclede’s Landing
Before you start your tour of Downtown St. Louis, you’re going to need some place to park your vehicle. There are plenty of parking ramps located throughout the city. However, Laclede’s Landing has some of the most affordable and easily accessible parking lots in the Downtown area. Plus, parking in the Landing means you’re smack dab in the center of the action.
2:15 – 3:30 PM: Get Up Close and Personal With the Gateway Arch
No trip to St. Louis is complete without seeing one of the most recognized monuments in the nation—the Gateway Arch. Acting as the centerpiece of Gateway Arch National Park, this historic symbol of westward expansion offers breathtaking views of the city skyline. When you’re back at ground level, why not head on over to the nearby history museum and watch an interesting movie about the Arch’s creation.
3:45 – 4:00 PM Take a Walk on the Riverfront
Only a short distance away from the park is the 1.5 mile riverfront promenade. Home to numerous community events spread throughout the year, the riverfront is a great place for sightseeing. Not to mention, a perfect photo opportunity of the Mississippi and the riverboats that float through its waters.
4:15 – 5:00 PM See Stars, Monsters, and More at Laclede’s Landing Wax Museum
From iconic movie characters to historical figures, see them all at Laclede’s Landing Wax Museum. Boasting a collection of over 250 life-sized wax statues, this is an excellent chance to see incredible craftsmanship from sculptures from around the world. These statues are so realistic and detailed, it’s easy to forget they aren’t real.
5:15 – 6:15 PM Enjoy Some Local Dining
In the mood for some authentic Italian cuisine? Or maybe a nice, juicy steak is more your pace? Whatever your tastes are, Laclede’s Landing is host to a variety of restaurants and bars to suit your palate.
- Kimchi Guys: Interested in having some Korean fried chicken? Kimchi Guys offers a diverse menu of items that will have you licking your lips. For those who don’t eat meat, the menu has plenty of vegetarian options as well.
- Big Daddy’s on the Landing: Big Daddy’s has a safe, clean, and fun atmosphere, making it the perfect spot for your pre-game celebration. This restaurant offers a variety of Midwestern comfort food and a good selection of drinks.
- Morton’s the Steakhouse: Located inside the Lumière Place Casino, Morton’s has the best steaks and seafood in town.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: True to its name, this restaurant has been serving high quality Italian dishes since 1969. Family owned and operated, your group is sure to have a memorable experience here.
- Mas Tequila Cantina: How about some margaritas before the game? Mas Tequila Cantina is an authentic Mexican restaurant that takes pride in delivering meals and drinks with only the freshest of ingredients.
- Morgan Street Brewery: If beer is more your style, Morgan Street Brewery is where you want to go. Their award-winning beer comes from the second oldest craft brewery in the city.
- The Lou Eats & Drinks: Believe it or not, The Lou Eats & Drinks offers over 100 different shots to sample. In addition, their menu includes many well-known St. Louis staples like toasted ravioli and provolone cheese-based pizzas.
6:30 PM and on, Let’s Go Cards!
It’s time to go watch some Cardinals baseball! You can take the Metro bus to get to Busch Stadium quickly. We recommend arriving at the stadium 30 minutes early to grab your snacks and find your seat.
After the Game
Once the game is done, there’s still plenty to do and see. If you’re ready to call it a night, there are numerous hotel options to choose from—like Hotel Lumiere and Drury Inn & Suites.
We hope you have a great time at the game and we are thrilled you’re interested in exploring Downtown St. Louis.