When you’re looking for something to do, Downtown St. Louis always has something to keep you entertained. Not only is it a great place for the family, but it’s also great for a couples date night in St. Louis. Laclede’s Landing, in particular, offers a multitude of activities for couples who want to experience something other than the usual dinner and a movie date. In this blog, we’re going to provide some suggestions to make your romantic night out one to remember.
Explore the Landing
If you’re looking for a good way to start your date, why not take a moment to explore the surroundings. Laclede’s Landing is in the heart of Downtown St. Louis and is easily accessible by the Metrolink. The moment you step off of the train, you and your partner will be greeted by the rich history of the city. From the cobblestone streets to the 17 historic buildings, this is a unique area with its own story to tell.
Even if you think you have already seen everything Laclede’s Landing has to offer, the area’s recent makeover may make you think twice. In addition to a few new attractions, there’s been updates to the infrastructure, the cobblestone streets, and parking. With all the work that has been done, you may not even recognize the new Landing.
Visit the Arch
Once you’re ready to move on, why not head on over to the Arch Grounds. Admire the Gateway Arch from the outside or take a tram ride to the top and get a romantic view of the beautiful St. Louis city skyline. While the Arch may be the main attraction here, the fun isn’t over yet.
The entire five-acre park recently underwent a lengthy renovation. During that renovation, a massive interpretive history museum was built right underneath the Arch. This museum is dedicated to the history of the city and the construction of the monument that sits above it. As one of the top free attractions in St. Louis, be prepared to spend hours satisfying your curiosity.
Get a View of the Riverfront
At this point, you’re probably ready for dinner and some drinks. As you make your way back to Laclede’s Landing to experience the restaurants in Downtown St. Louis, take the scenic route through the Riverfront. The Riverfront is only a few steps away from the Mississippi and offers a perspective of the river unlike anything else in St. Louis.
The Dining Scene
Laclede’s Landing is home to some of the best restaurants and bars in Downtown St. Louis. Whether you’re looking for something formal—like a steak dinner—or something more casual, you can find it here.
- Kimchi Guys: Specializing in Korean fried chicken and barbeque, Kimchi Guys has a fast-casual setting. For those who don’t eat meat, the menu has plenty of vegetarian options as well.
- Big Daddy’s on the Landing: For classic American cuisine, look no further than Big Daddy’s on the Landing. The menu includes common Midwestern comfort food and St. Louis favorites
- Morton’s the Steakhouse: Located inside the Lumière Place Casino, Morton’s offers premium steaks and seafood with first class service.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: This family-owned and -operated Italian restaurant provides the perfect atmosphere for any date. Here, you and your partner can enjoy an authentic Italian experience.
- Mas Tequila Cantina: Mas Tequila Cantina gives you an authentic taste of Mexico with their traditional Mexican menu. They also make some of the best margaritas around.
- Morgan Street Brewery: As one of the second oldest breweries in the city, Morgan Street Brewery is not to be missed.
- The Lou Eats & Drinks: Despite being a family-friendly restaurant, The Lou Eats & Drinks offers over 100 different shots to sample. In addition, their menu includes many well-known St. Louis staples.
Take a Ride in a Horse Drawn Carriage
End the night on a high note with a horse and carriage ride. Available every night of the week in front of The Old Spaghetti Factory, you and your loved one can take a private nighttime stroll through the city.
There’s plenty for couples to do in Downtown St. Louis, and we’re thrilled you’re interested in spending your time in Laclede’s Landing.